Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Craf-T/Quilt


I feel fortunate to have met Autumn, one special person, who initiated a "crafty mama's night." There are about 6-10 woman and we get together usually once a month for some wine, dessert, conversation and lots of crafting.  Some woman sew, knit, jewelry...  
I am inspired by them all the time and love to have this creative outlet.

That being said... 
Autumn recently adopted a baby girl, Mezmur, and the crafty mommys wanted to make something special for her.  So, we all contributed to a quilt.  We each made a 6" by 12" "coin" and met several times to sew it all together.  It's amazing how well all of are coins worked together.  It was hard keeping it a secret from Autumn, but worth the wait.

We met last night at my house to give Autumn/Mezmur her special quilt.  I think she really liked it.

Autumn holding the quilt
A few of the crafty mamas
Front of the quilt
Back of the quilt
    Beautiful Mezmur.  Isn't she edible?

1 comment:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

I love the quilt and love it even more because of all you ladies who worked so hard on it! I see it everyday in Mezmur's room and it is so beautiful! Thanks!