Sunday, May 17, 2009

Art Hop


I have been crafting a lot lately.   Crafting is a great release for me and I truly enjoy it.  I try to paint, make jewelry or make mosaics while the kids are napping or in the evening after they are asleep.  Needless to say, our house and garage is full of my crafts and in need of new homes. One of my friends bought a booth at an Art Hop and asked if I would share it with her (along with one other friend) - I said YES.  I have never sold any of my art work and was really excited.  It was this past weekend and I LOVED it.  I had a blast meeting new people, seeing other peoples art work and selling mine, of course.  I received great praise from strangers and am now inspired to create/sell more. Check it out...



Miles visiting the booth
Our booth (my art is the back section - mirrors, paintings, jewelry)
Elliot and the funky parade in the background
My poppy painting
some of my jewelry
mosaic mirror - SOLD, yea
some more art...
...and more....
Our booth with my two friends who sold beautiful jewelry on the side tables

3 comments:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

It was so fun to see you surrounded by your art!!!! Congratulations on all your sales!

The Ebner Family said...

You are so talented! The mirror looked beautiful! We miss the boys.... give them hugs and kisses from us!!!

Anonymous said...

Talia, I am so proud of you and so impressed with the beautiful art that you created.
Please, don't stop...you are truly so talented! The paintings are so gorgeous and the jewelery...wow... you really "took off"...It's time to start your own "BrownTown Line".
The mosaic mirrors are really unbelievable.
I'm so glad that you finally did an art show and saw how much other people loved your work as much as you loved creating it!
I'm sure that this is only the start of wonderful creations by you.
However, your best creations are those two zeeskites, Elliot & Miles. Thanks for those awesome pictures.. They are getting so big and I can't wait to see them. They are just so adorable. Please kiss and hug them to pieces for me.