Sunday, July 5, 2009

Reflections On Water

I just got back from an amazing Grand Canyon river trip and I have so much to be thankful for. I am so grateful to my incredible wife for staying home and taking care of our two wonderful but energetic little boys.  I lucked into a fantastic crew and an appreciative and inspirational group of passengers.   I've been blessed with the opportunity to make the trip of a lifetime several times over.  The Canyon is a great place for perspective and the river is a creative transformative  teacher with so many different voices.  I don't think I will ever tire of watching and listening to moving water.  It magnifies colors and dances with light.
It paints pictures of the sky
Then abstracts them beyond recognition
A Zen Garden in the LCR
In Oregon, Talia was taking snapshots of sunset on the Deschutes
10 hours and hundreds of miles away I was trying to capture sunrise on the Colorado
Back home again the whole family splashed through ephemeral masterpieces in Oneonta gorge.


No comments: