Saturday, August 29, 2009

My kind of town... Part 2


Growing up in Chicago, with a huge family, meant lots of laughter and a lot of LOVE.  Even though we live far from Chicago, it is important to me to keep in touch with my aunts, uncles and cousins and to foster a loving relationship between them and my kids (not hard to do, though.)
It was wonderful to see my aunts/uncles...
Aunt Ava with her grandchild Jakey and Bubby
Elliot hugging with Aunt Esther
Snuggle time with Uncle Mike
Elliot sharing his baseball cards with Aunt Rita, cousin Nina and Savta
Reading a book with Aunt Helene and Bubby

...and wonderful to spend time with my cousins...
Cousin Jamal 
Baseball with cousin Jono
Leafing through old pics with cousin Nina
Cousin Robyn and Lea playing peek-a-boo
Painting with cousin Adam

...and so special to play with my cousins kiddos.  I have to admit I feel "old" when I hang out with my younger cousins and their children.  I mean, I used to baby-sit for some of these cousins.  Weird, ya know?
Playing house with cousin Lea
Cousin Michelle reading to Samantha and Miles
Photo opportunity of 4 out of the 5 great-grandchildren (Jakey below)
Miles loving on baby Jakey.  He kept pointing to him and saying, "baby" over and over.

Ok, so here is where I really get sentimental, but for great reason.  My Bubby has to be one of the strongest, most beautiful, kind, and beautiful (have I mentioned beautiful?) woman in the entire world.  Seriously!  She is a Holocaust survivor, a mother of 5 children, a grand-mother to 24 and a great-grandmother to 5.  Bubby lives her life by following her heart and giving nothing but love.  A great motto to live by.  We love love love our Bubby.
Bubby love
All smiles
Playing the piano together
Playing catch with Bubby
Snuggling with baby J
Love fest with Samantha
Bubby and all of her great-grandkids 
Tickle termites w/Bubby
Bubby w/the Browns
We had a nice vacation in Chicago.  We packed a lot in and hope to be back for another visit sooner than later.

No comments: