Sunday, June 28, 2009

A little venting...


It has been 13 days since Xander left for his river trip in the Grand Canyon and the boys and I miss him terribly.  

Have I mentioned that I miss him terribly?

He is my rock, my best-friend, my inspiration and he isn't here.  It is a big bummer and it has been really hard with out him.  We haven't been separated for this long in 3 years (his last river trip) and now he has left not only me and Elliot, but Mr. Miles too.  My patience is running super low and the boys feel it.  I am doing my best to keep calm and collected, but then the reality sets in.  

I have 2 wonderful and beautiful boys who have the energy of a group of hummingbirds.  They fly around constantly, buzzing and looking for the next best thing.  They barely stop to take a breath.  Am I exaggerating?  Maybe a little, but not much (at least that is how I am feeling after 2 weeks.)  I am tired and ready for him to be here for support and for my sanity.

On the upside, Xander deserves this trip and is having a wonderful time.  He loves rafting and hasn't been down the Colorado River in  years.  He asked if he could go and I said, "yes" knowing that this was going to be taxing.  But I said, "yes" because I know that this would rejuvenate him, that this trip is a trip of a "life time", that this is one of his passions and b/c I love him.

We have 5 more days until Xander comes HOME.  He returns on July 4th, so the fireworks will mean so much more to me this year. 
Until then I will be counting down the days on Elliot's calendar like we have been doing every night since he left. 

No comments: